My, how time flies. It’s already mid-January and the 2023 Truck Camper Adventure Quartzsite Rally is less than a month away. At present, we have nearly 800 people and 410 truck campers enrolled in the event. The rally will be held from February 9-12 with the check-in scheduled at noon February 8. There’s no doubt about it. This will be the largest truck camper rally ever held. Reviewing the enrollment list on Eventbrite, we are seeing a lot of returnees, but also a lot of new people. The large turnover has resulted in a lot of questions about the big outdoor event, so we thought we would address the most common questions here to reduce the flow to our email inbox.
The Eventbrite waitlist currently has 40 people with 30 tickets already released. A reminder that the tickets are sold by camper not by individual. Last minute cancellations are still trickling in, so if your name is on the list, don’t fret. We still may be able to get you in.
Directions to the Rally
Getting to the rally is easy. The rally will be held at the Roadrunner Wash BLM area a short distance south of Quartzsite. To get there, take the I-10 to Quartzsite. Get off on the Highway 95 exit and head south on Highway 95. Travel approximately 6 miles and turn right (west) on 53rd Street N. (do not enter the BLM area using the Highway 95 entrance due to the presence of deep sand on the main road). The Roadrunner Wash BLM Area will immediately be on your right and will be marked by a Truck Camper Adventure flag. First, sign in with the Roadrunner Wash BLM host to get your free 14-day camping permit. After signing in, follow the orange traffic cones to get to the rally. This year, we will have a large 40×20 canopy so you can’t miss the location. The location where we will be holding the rally is 33.5911 lat -114.2342 long, the same location as previous rallies. Camping is limited to 14 days for those interested in camping before or after the rally. Check-in is scheduled for February 8 at noon.
You will need both your Eventbrite ticket AND your free BLM camping permit to receive your name badge. Attendees are required to wear name badges at the event at all times. You should have gotten a confirmation email after enrolling which will allow you to print your ticket, but you may also log into Eventbrite to print your ticket as well. Simply login to Eventbrite and click on your username icon in the upper right hand corner of the website. In the dropdown menu, click on tickets. That will bring up “Orders.” Click on the large 2023 TCA Quartzsite Rally icon. Then click on the orange “print tickets” button to print your tickets. Note: TCA will also be bringing a spreadsheet of all enrollees for those who lost or forgot to bring their tickets.
The 2023 TCA Quartzsite Raffle will be the best yet. The following companies have pledged their support for the big event: Battle Born Batteries, Four Wheel Campers, AT Overland, SuperSprings, StableCamper, Host Industries, Lance Campers, KingStar, Expion360, Harvest Hosts, Froli Modular Sleep System, SherpTek, Omnia, Trasharoo, Tern Overland, Bowen Customs, Timbren, Torklift International, Scrubba, Viking Bags, Hellwig, Tag Trailer, Sleeper Systems, and Lippert Industries. Several truck camper companies will be supporting the event with swag as well including Lance Campers, Four Wheel Campers, Host, Northwood Manufacturing (Arctic Fox/Wolf Creek), BundutecUSA, KingStar, Alaskan, and Hallmark. If you’re interested in sponsoring the event with a raffle prize, please contact us at email@example.com. Like last year’s raffle, we are taking $10 donations, which will help fund future rallies, buy equipment to make future rallies even better, and to buy prizes.
Swag will be provided by most truck camper companies including Lance, Four Wheel Campers, Host, Northwood Manufacturing, KingStar, Nimbl Vehicles, Alaskan, Hallmark RV, BundutecUSA, and NuCamp. If you don’t see your company on this list, reach out to them. Our repeated requests for swag have gone unanswered.
Best Rig Award
Like last year, we will be awarding a trophy to the owner of the “best” truck camper rig at the show. Last year’s winner was well deserved. We can’t wait to see who wins the award in 2023.
The itinerary for the rally has been finalized. Here is where the itinerary currently stands. Note: all classes will be held under the canopy unless noted otherwise.
Wednesday, February 8
- 12-4pm: Arrive Roadrunner Wash BLM Quartzsite and Check-in (parking to be assigned upon arrival, get badges)
- 4-8pm: Free Time
Thursday, February 9
- 8:30-9:00am: Rally Kickoff and Announcements by Mello Mike
- 9:15-10am: Basic First Aid — Kevin MacAfee
- 10:15-11am: Boondocking 101 — Mello Mike
- 11:15-12pm: Winterizing Your Camper – Patrick Taylor
- 12-1pm: Lunch
- 1-3pm: Truck Camper Open House
- 3-5pm: Free Time/Dinner
- 5-6pm: Omnia Demo – Karen Smith
- 6-7pm: Dessert Social
- 7-9pm: Stargazing 101 – Linda Boecker
Friday, February 10
- 9-9:45am: Payload and Truck Campers – Mello Mike
- 10-10:45am: Ford 6.0L PSD Basics – Steve Hericks (Steve’s Rig)
- 10-10:45am: Scrubba Demo – Karen Smith
- 11-12pm: Solar Power Basics – Mello Mike
- 12-1pm: Lunch
- 1-1:45pm: Basic Photography – Ric Miller
- 2-2:45pm: Ham Radio 101 – Joel Gambino
- 2:45-5pm: Free Time
- 5-6:30pm: Chili Cookoff
- 7-9pm: Live Music (Mike Ewing the Arizona Cowboy Balladeer)
Saturday, February 11
- 8:30-9:15am: Truck Camper Batteries – Mello Mike
- 9:30-10:15am: Intermediate Solar Power – Steve Hericks
- 10:30-11:15am: Harvest Hosts – Kevin MacAfee
- 11:30-12:15: Tern Overland – David Soza
- 12:15-1pm: Lunch
- 1-1:45pm: Cummins 6.7L Diesel Basics – Aaron Kessler (Aaron’s Rig)
- 1-1:45pm: Onan 2500 QG 2500i Upgrade – Patrick Taylor (Pat’s Rig)
- 2-2:45pm: Q&A Panel
- 3-5pm: Free Time/Dinner
- 5-6pm: TCA Raffle and winner of the “Best Rig” award announced
- 6:30-8:30pm: Live Music (Mike Ewing the Arizona Cowboy Balladeer)
Sunday, February 12
- 8:30-12pm: Swap Meet (bring your own table)
- 12:1pm: Campsite Cleanup
- 1pm: End rally and break camp (note: the limit to camp in the BLM area is 14 days, many attendees actually choose to stay and relax for several days after the rally).