Oakland, California based Leentu Corporation just announced its officially accepting preorders for its premium ultra-lightweight pop-up truck camper, built for 2005 and newer Toyota Tacoma Long Beds models, starting this Friday, March 16th.
Inspired by cutting-edge aerospace design, Leentu truck campers will be available in a tailored composite model and a full carbon-fiber model. Both versions feature premium grade pre-impregnated composite sandwich construction with an insulating core. The result of the lower VOC/low waste process is an unprecedentedly lightweight unit, estimated to weigh under 150 pounds for the tailored composite unit and 100 pounds for the carbon fiber unit.
The low-profile and aerodynamic design enables Tacoma owners to carry more gear, and maintain handling characteristics, gas mileage, and 9 to 5 functionality, in a package that fits in most garages. In addition, a dual gas-piston assist allows solo users to pop-up the camper in seconds.
Leentu’s ultra-lightweight pop-up truck campers also feature:
- Weatherproof marine grade tent fabric with intuitive built-in storage and zippered windows
- 5 volt USB charge ports, 120 volt AC receptacle, 12 volt auxiliary port and ventilation fan
- Warm and soft colored dimmable interior and exterior LED lighting
- Pre-wiring for solar (integrated 60 watt panel included with carbon fiber model)
- Lofted bed with 80×48 high-density foam mattress, which converts to lounge seating or stows away in moments.
- Over 6 feet of standing room
- Reinforced, accessory-ready roof
- Hinged full-height rear door with integrated folding table
Retail price starts at $10,295 USD for the fiberglass model and $13,995 USD for the carbon fiber model. A limited number of discounted units are available for initial customers at leentu.com, with savings up to 20 percent off MSRP.
Leentu is also planning to introduce models to outfit the Toyota Tacoma short bed, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Ford Ranger, as well as full-size trucks in the near future based on market demand.
Join the Leentu team and check out its prototype at the Reno Off-Road and Motorsports Show (March 16-18), at the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, Arizona (May 18-20), and at various other events in the coming months.