Home › Forums › Truck Camper Adventure Forum › Unplugging a Ford Super Duty Tailgate
- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by RICK BOUNDS.
- November 16, 2022 at 15:58 #61771GeorgeParticipant
I have a 2019 F350 DRW and an Arctic Fox 1150 TC. I load and unload the TC several times a year. I like to have the truck tailgate on when the TC is unloaded. My problem is that I find disconnecting and reconnecting the tailgate wiring wiring to be a royal pain. There are four plugs for the tailgate camera, light, electric opening, etc. and all of them can be a struggle to pull apart and reconnect securely.
Has anyone heard of a modification to this system that would make things easier?
- November 20, 2022 at 07:16 #61826Joel GambinoParticipant
They are a pain. I only have two on my 2017, but they can be tough to get apart. I clean the connectors when they are apart with Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and a Qtip. If you can find the small diameter Qtips, even better. The ones on the tailgate are easy when the tailgate is off, but the ones up under are tough. I guess a modification that would help would be to protect the connectors from the road grime with some sort of cover.
- November 20, 2022 at 17:54 #61840Robert SullivanParticipant
This is a royal pain, as Ford adds more items they just add on, Maybe someone will come up with a solution
- December 21, 2022 at 14:59 #62137JayParticipant
Yes awful… pain…bad…..no easy way to do it.
- January 30, 2023 at 16:46 #62500RICK BOUNDSParticipant
DIELECTRIC grease on the conectors makes a huge diffrence. my ’17 comes apart pretty easy
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.