- October 13, 2018 at 02:27 #26456
Don’t know if anybody is into this kind of stuff, but my job gives me extra time off in the winter, so sometimes I pass that time building models.
I scratch build a lot because the model manufactors don’t make what I like building, and there is practically nothing for rv’s, let alone tc’s.
So I have built a couple campers myself. The crewcab is a replica of our 1:1 set-up. It was 2 reg cab shortbox trucks that I turned into a crew longbox. The camper is completely scratched (as is the quad trailer) and has a full interior.
The ’51 Chevy is a replica (as best as a 6 yr old can remember…) of my deceased uncle’s truck he owned in the early ’70’s, with a SixPac camper. It too has a full int.
The gold truck is my take on the Deora show truck from the ’60’s, and it also has a full int
- October 13, 2018 at 08:26 #26462bill deloreyParticipant
Very Cool – Love that ’50 Chevy, had one once.
- October 13, 2018 at 11:48 #26480
- October 14, 2018 at 11:43 #26508Mello MikeKeymaster
Impressive! I assume the trucks are made from plastic model kits. What are the camper models made from?
- October 14, 2018 at 22:33 #26516
the trucks i start with a model kit, but for the style of building i do, i only use the body (or part of it) the glass and sometimes the interior tub. i build my own engines for them and scratch build the frames and entire suspension-axles to u-bolts…lol
for scratch building i use a lot of Evergreen Styrene, or Plastruct styrene, comes in all shapes and sizes.
a couple construction pics and int pics…
- October 14, 2018 at 22:48 #26552
- December 4, 2018 at 14:37 #27510Travels with YolyParticipant
I love your creative nature and super impressed by your obvious love for truck campers. Very well done 🙂
Neil & Yoly
2016 Ram 2500HD Tradesman, 2WD Crew Cab, 6.4L Hemi
2018 Travel Lite 840 SBRX
- January 5, 2019 at 17:48 #28134Tiger RagParticipant
Look fantastic! Great work!
2012 Camplite TC10
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 QCLB Cummins 4x4
- January 16, 2019 at 11:32 #28329MarkParticipant
Awesome! I almost miss the long cold winters when I see your models. The interiors are especially impressive.
The Diablo is a real departure (in a good way) I love them all.
- January 26, 2019 at 21:03 #28698azguyParticipant
Love this!! So creative, I wish I had half of the creativity. Please keep sharing.
- February 21, 2019 at 07:08 #29325Tom MacCallumParticipant
- March 2, 2019 at 01:29 #29580
don’t have a truck camper on the go right now, but i am building a replica of a mid ’70’s Prowler travel trailer for my dad that he once owned. due to a house fire yrs ago, got no pics of it, just going completely off what i can remember of it
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.