Home Forums Truck Camper Adventure Forum Truck Camper Insurance

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #44403

      We insured our rig on-and-off the truck through our home/auto provider for $650/year. Now that we’ve had it a while, we know that the only time the camper is off the truck is between trips to facilitate maintenance and cleaning on both and the TC is always in the shop building when off the truck. The way we have it insured is probably overkill and I think we can save a little money.

      So, where do you get your TC insurance and how much do you pay and what kind of coverage?

    • #44406

      We bundle ours with our auto/home/umbrella/ alone with a rider for some personal property. However, our agent explained to us any time the camper is on the truck it is covered under the auto policy so the only thing we really pay for is when the camper is off the truck and for liability if someone gets hurt in it. Our last insurance underwriter told us the same thing. We pay $112 annually through Cincinnati Insurance. Insurance can really vary tremendously by state and agency so it might be wise to talk with your agent. In our state, truck campers are not registered and do not have their own license plate so that might also make a difference


      Steve and Andra
      2012 F350 6.2 gasser SRW LB
      Fab Fours front and rear in case we run into a rhino
      2019 Northstar Laredo SC

    • #44408

      Thanks for that reply, Steve. I got a quote from Good Sam at 500/yr and my insurance company came down to $488/yr on 30k value. I’ll depreciate some more next year.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.