Tagged: torklift rust tie down
- February 9, 2022 at 15:49 #55443SquamptonBCParticipant
I have the frame mounted torklift tie downs on the front and the hitch mounted on the rear. They are all fairly rusted but the rear behind the exhaust is rusted to the point I can’t slide the insert in anymore. I’ve been getting by with wire brushing the inside and using a rubber mallet to get the insert in. Anyone else with this issue and what was your solution? It might be far gone enough to buy new ones.
- February 10, 2022 at 10:24 #55450Utah MikeParticipant
Same thing has happened to me twice. I took it to a local garage and had them break it free.They haven’t charged me for this service. I now lube these fittings regularly to keep them working. This helps.
- April 9, 2022 at 14:39 #56968
- June 16, 2022 at 07:07 #58481Ramon MilamParticipant
I have been using marine grease on all of my tiedowns and trailer hitch for years. It’s messy when you remove them but it beats the alternative.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.