Home › Forums › Truck Camper Adventure Forum › Tire changing jack
- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 8 months ago by Ramon Milam.
- September 15, 2017 at 08:59 #17264YippiekaiyeaParticipant
With the weight of a TC, water, propane, food, & stuff. Have you up-grade the OEM tire changing jack? If so, what type, weight capacity?
2013 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Longbed
2007 Lance 1191
2015 Jeep Rubicon
- September 15, 2017 at 19:27 #17269ChuckParticipant
I upgraded to a hydraulic bottle jack from Tractor Supply, rated at 20 tons. It cost around $60. I’ve only used it once changing a flat in Alaska, but it worked without a problem.
Good of you to think of upgrading jacks. Don’t forget to ensure that you can get to the spare, too, as well as a breaker bar to get those lug nuts off!
2012 F350, 6.7L SRW
2015 Alaskan 8.5 Cabover
- September 18, 2017 at 19:00 #17301John PowellParticipant
I carry a hydraulic bottle jack also and 36 volt Dewalt impact and hand tools.
- September 28, 2017 at 21:50 #17388Ramon MilamParticipant
I have a 20 ton bottle jack and a 3/4″ drive breaker bar, 6 ” extension and socket
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.