Home › Forums › Truck Camper Adventure Forum › Suspension mods for my truck
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by Mello Mike.
- February 7, 2022 at 11:03 #55428Morgan SheppardParticipant
I need help! I am travelling to Idaho in June to pick up my new Rugged Mountain Granite 11RL truck camper. The dry weight of the camper will probably be around 4500lbs. My truck is a 2021 Dodge Ram 3500 gas dually with a GVWR of about 6300 lbs. I know that I should probably drive it first with the camper to see if I need anything but this is a 14000km return trip for us and I would like to be comfortable with the drive from the very beginning. We are truck camper newbies so the more I can reduce the sway the better! What combination of suspension mods do any of you recommend? By the way we do not have the OEM airbags on our truck.
Thanks in advance!
- February 7, 2022 at 11:33 #55429Morgan SheppardParticipant
Sorry guys, I meant payload of 6300 lbs!
- February 8, 2022 at 07:54 #55436Mello MikeKeymaster
None! If your payload is that high, you will be fine. Sway shouldn’t be an issue with a dually.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.