Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Harvey
      Participant

My TC is stored in AZ, west side of house (only place possible), no shade but lots of sun a good deal of the day.

I am thinking about a cover to protect the TC, though it seems that would keep it even hotter.

Any tips on how best to store the TC under mentioned conditions and any thoughts on using a cover? (Got one from Empire for truck and the straps quickly broke off, as did the way too thin strings so I had to get bungee cords and rope. Had contacted seller after first week and no reply, so not exactly something I’d recommend.)

ardvark
      Participant

I think some kind of cover is a good idea if for nothing other than stopping sun fade. I keep our fifth wheel covered with a soft cover as we use it less often, but putting a soft cover off and on our TC would be a pain as we use it frequently so I am building a small metal roofed shelter for it. I think anything you do to keep a truck camper covered will help preserve its value.

Steve and Andra
      2012 F350 6.2 gasser SRW LB
      Fab Fours front and rear in case we run into a rhino
      2019 Northstar Laredo SC

Harvey
      Participant

OK Thanks ardvark.For us no other option than a cover or do nothing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Harvey,

Trailer Life had a mfr comparison in 2015 @ http://www.trailerlife.com/rv-gear/gear/cover-to-cover/.

I tried unsuccessfully to find another article around the same time-frame, maybe older, that specifically addressed which material was better for various continental US locations but can’t seem to locate it at this time.

Hope this helps.

Harvey
      Participant

Thanks for link Stan. I am looking at Adco and Calmark as the article mentions. Calmark was also recommended to me by someone else who lives in AZ and said a cover was highly recommended.

(This post can be closed, I don’t see any button to close it.)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.