- November 25, 2022 at 19:55 #61899Joel GambinoParticipant
Just wondering. Of those of you that are going to the TCA rally in February, who has radios? Please reply if you have GMRS, FRS, Ham or CB capability.
I’m thinking of designating a 2 meter simplex frequency and a GMRS/FRS channel for communication at the rally if it looks like it would be worthwile.
I have 2 meter/440 and HF Ham capability and GMRS. I also have APRS. I will probably get a CB up and running by then, but we’ll see.
- December 1, 2022 at 04:11 #61962Capt. WaltParticipant
I have 2 meter/440 as well as GMRS. Would be good to set up a 2 meter simplex freq. as well as a TCA ham meetup at Roadrunner.
Walt – K5AFJ
- December 17, 2022 at 07:20 #62132Joel GambinoParticipant
Thanks Walt. It looks like there is free time after my Ham Radio presentation. I’m planning on doing a demo at that time if possible. A ham meetup sounds like a great idea. We could combine it with the demo, or try to schedule something separate.
You are the only one who has responded, so not sure how many radio folks will be there.
- January 13, 2023 at 11:08 #62258BruceParticipant
I carry 2m/70cm plus GRMS. I usually monitor 2m simplex (Nat’l call freq) unless something else is specified.
- January 16, 2023 at 07:39 #62281Mello MikeKeymaster
I imagine there will be a dozen or so Ham Radio operators at the rally, maybe more.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.