Home › Forums › Truck Camper Adventure Forum › Happy New Year – Warning
Tagged: Mirror warning
- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by FLAcamper.
- January 2, 2021 at 17:35 #48010Harvey ShawParticipant
Happy New Year to all you TCs. I needed something from my TC on New Years Day. While inside I checked around, it’s been sitting in place since July, under a cover.
Warning-If you have a Northstar Laredo with a mirror in the toilet space, suggest you remove it and put it up properly with epoxy, No More Nails and such. It seems the mirror is only put up with tape. It’s a miracle the thing hadn’t fallen down when we’ve been on some of the crazy roads we’ve driven. No, it fell down just standing still.
It could have fallen off when someone was in the shower, shattered in a million pieces and really caused some injury.
Miraculously the mirror didn’t break. I can’t imagine what Northstar (maybe something similar is done in other makes too) was thinking to put the thing on with tape!
You must be logged in to access attached files.
- January 2, 2021 at 18:28 #48012Harvey ShawParticipant
For whatever reason the site is turning the photo. If you click on it, its not sideways
- January 5, 2021 at 22:24 #48118Charles HannaParticipant
I would want a mirror made from Plexiglass/lexan/acrylic like that used in airliner restrooms.
- January 6, 2021 at 18:41 #48137Mello MikeKeymaster
This exact same thing happened in our old Laredo. We went with acrylic mirrors that we bought at IKEA in our new Roadrunner.
- January 25, 2021 at 18:32 #48597FLAcamperParticipant
The mirror on my TC650 lasted a couple of years. My friend’s only lasted a year. This is just one of my complaints about the quality with the Northstar. Really great design with lots of cheapness in the details.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.