Home Forums Truck Camper Adventure Forum front hitches

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,
      Question….is there a real negative of adding a front hitch to my rig? I have a Silverado 3500 SRW with a Cirrus 820. I love the entire rig however as is the case with most TC rigs, I could use a wee bit more storage. I was thinking of adding a front hitch to carry a storage box but was discouraged from doing so because I would have to cut into the skirt of the truck (no big deal I don’t believe) but also I could easily bottom out in driving rough terrains. Such terrains would certainly not be on my normal routes. Your thoughts on front hitches? Thanks!

Mello Mike
      Keymaster

Mark,
      Getting a front hitch hauler should be fine as long as you’re not planning on doing some serious off-roading. My Buckstop Winch Bumper has a front hitch just in case I need it for the future. I may haul a bike or a genny at some point in the future.

Others can chime in here.

Mike

Gary
      Participant

I have a front hitch on my 3500 which I will occasionally carry an extra spare tire or our bikes. It works out ok, just annoying to look at while driving down the road. Have you considered getting a hitch extension and carrying your extra storage behind the truck?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.