Home › Forums › Truck Camper Adventure Forum › Ford satellite antenna is too tall
- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by ardvark.
- November 1, 2020 at 17:44 #45861GeorgeParticipant
I have a 2019 Ford F350 and haul an Arctic Fox 1150 camper. My problem is the Ford “shark fin” satellite antenna on top of the cab is too tall with only a couple of inches between it and the bottom of the cabover. When I hit a particularly nasty bump the cabover hit the antenna punching a hole in the skin. I’ve taken steps to raise the entire camper in the bed but that also raises my center of gravity.
Have any Ford owners successfully replaced their satellite antenna with one that has a lower profile?
Any help is appreciated.
- November 5, 2020 at 11:45 #45944Steve StrackeParticipant
We have same truck with Lance 855s camper. Don’t have an issue with clearance. Did have an issue with reception (camper blocked signal). Had local auto sound shop install Sirius antenna on black cowling near windshield wiper on passenger side. About $125 total including installation.
- November 6, 2020 at 13:09 #45980ardvarkParticipant
Follow this address for information on Ford kit to move antenna
Steve and Andra
2012 F350 6.2 gasser SRW LB
Fab Fours front and rear in case we run into a rhino
2019 Northstar Laredo SC
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.