- October 11, 2021 at 07:55 #53490Morgan SheppardParticipant
We recently purchased our new truck that we will be using for our new truck camper next spring. The truck we purchased is a 2021 Dodge Ram dually and the camper we are purchasing is a Rugged Mountain Granite 11RL. The dry weight of the camper will be around 4500lbs.
I am wondering if the stock tires are going to be good enough for this weight. They are Nexen Rodian HTX LT235 80 R17.
Would appreciate input from those in the know! We are newbies!
- October 15, 2021 at 10:11 #53625RandyParticipant
I have a ram 3500 I changed the stock tires for General XT3 rated foe 3600 lbs. each and noticed a big improvement in sway on the truck.
- October 15, 2021 at 12:26 #53626Kevin MacAfeeParticipant
The Nexian’s get pretty good reviews and have a decent load rating — 3000 pounds plus. I have never had them and my tire of choice is the Cooper AT3.
- October 17, 2021 at 10:31 #53661
- October 18, 2021 at 15:32 #53665Harvey ShawParticipant
On an F250 I got Cooper AT3 XLT last year replacing the OEMs that were terrible.
Just was out around CO for 3 weeks and I find these tires were excellent whether on gravel, snow, asphalt. They showed no signs of road damage despite running down some pretty rocky roads with fairly sharp stones.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.