Home Forums Truck Camper Adventure Forum We have a new Ford F-350 7.3L gasser Reply To: We have a new Ford F-350 7.3L gasser

WyoBull
Participant

Congratulations on your new rig. I am running a 2017 F350 with the 6.2 gas engine and having had a diesel in the past, I have a much higher comfort level that I am going to get where I need to go and back without problems.

I carry a 2017 Northern Lite 8.11 and I have not felt underpowered at all with mine, even when towing my 12 foot ATV trailer loaded up with my ATV, coolers etc. Mine has the 3.73 gears so I know I downshift sooner that I would if I still had my 6.2 gas with the 4.30’s but it has not been noticeable to where I wish I had gotten the 4.30’s.

I think more and more people are looking seriously at the newer gas engines than ever before and I personally cannot see me ever having another diesel. I just don’t need it for what I do.

I believe you are really going to enjoy your new truck and look forward to seeing updates from you on how it is performing.

2017 F350 Super Duty 4x4, CCSB, XLT Premium Package, 6.2 gas, 3.73 rear end, GVWR 11,300 lbs, Payload 4226 lbs, Silver Ingot, Camper Package, Split bench front seat, Upfitter switches, LED Box Lighting, Rear Step Tailgate, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Airbags with Air Lift WirelessAIR on board compressor kit and remote, Torklift Upper Stableloads, Torklift tie downs w/ Fastguns
2017 Northern Lite 8.11 QC SE