Increasing the ampacity of the wiring may be helpful or decreasing fuse size.
The problem needs to be identified and fixed before messing with either of these things. An arc or short (possibly resulting from damaged wiring or unlucky contact) strike me as good suspects.
The amount of current it took to fry everything is way more than should be passing through, so replacing parts without fixing the problem is setting up for anything between blown fuses and a much more dangerous problem.
If the fuse situation had been better, there would have been less (or maybe no) damage. But you’d still have a serious problem.