Home Forums Truck Camper Adventure Forum Searching for user reviews of Ford’s new gas 7.3L truck V-8 Reply To: Searching for user reviews of Ford’s new gas 7.3L truck V-8

Freespool
Participant

I only have a couple comments. First, it sounds like a nice truck. There is an article in Truck Camper Magazine about a guy who dumped his diesel in favor of a new 6.2 gasser, if you have not read the article yet, take a look, you might like it. The new Allison is a 10 speed, essentially it’s like mine with 5 lower gears. Providing Ford went down the same path, the lower gear ratio’s would allow you to choose a higher R&P gear for strength. When I was into Jeeps, the trails I wanted to run required a tow vehicle and a heavily modified 4×4. From what I have seen in your post’s, it sounds like you have been there and done that. These days it sounds like your happy to run the trails that take you back where the real fun begins. I think a new gasser with an auto and a rear Detroit along with a winch combo like Mike is running will serve you well.