Home Forums Truck Camper Adventure Forum How much propane do y’all use? Reply To: How much propane do y’all use?

Dumb Mick
Participant

Yeah, I hear y’all on the genny but I’ll be putting as much solar on as there is roof so the genny won’t be disturbing the peace too much. I hope the solar will cover the water heater. Maybe I should haul my Honda 2K along to run the water heater? It’s really efficient. A pity the Onan can’t run off the truck’s diesel. I’m more concerned about running the furnace. I see a vent-free propane heater in our future – much more efficient and probably more than adequate for hanging out at night. If I only run the furnace for half an hour in the morning to get Her Highness out of the rack and use the vent-free for the rest of our heating I’m hoping 30 gals could last a week or a little more. I guess baking bread might not be indicated.

Don, not worried about rockin’ and rollin’ with an F550. I figure I’ll be 5000 lbs under my payload limit. Yeah, air bags are for people who don’t buy enough truck. I’m planning on doing this once, correctly. 😉

It’s good to be a n00b - so I can aspire to be just stoopid.

Monrovia, CA