Home Forums Truck Camper Adventure Forum Insurance companies willing to insure Truck Campers Reply To: Insurance companies willing to insure Truck Campers

John Perz

It’s interesting that everyone mentions home insurance. My understanding is that the camper is covered by the vehicle insurance when it’s on the truck, and by the homeowners insurance when it’s off the truck on your property.

But what if you don’t own a home, and rent an apartment? Would it be covered by renter’s insurance? What if you are forced to store it elsewhere when off the truck?
And if you take it off the truck at a campground, apparently it’s not covered at all?

I think there really needs to be some way of insuring the camper separately.

I don't like to make plans. They cause the word "PREMEDITATED" to get used in court!
My Body is a Temple! Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .