If dispersed truck glamping is your thing, this Host Mammoth-Ford F-550 rig is for you. I outfitted this camper with high-end Victron Energy gear, including a 3,000 watt inverter/charger, 1,200 watts of solar, 1,440 amp hours lithium battery power, dual alternator charging, a DC compressor fridge/freezer, a dual induction cooktop, an auxiliary diesel tank, and Bigfoot leveling jacks on the truck frame. The rig is in fantastic condition, and with a GVWR of 19,500 pounds and tons of storage, you can carry everything you need to get out there and stay out there. You’d be hard pressed to find a more capable off-grid truck camper setup.
This truck camper rig has all the power you could want. In fact, you won’t find a better lithium battery-solar power system in a slide-in truck camper anywhere. It’s twice twice the size of Host’s largest off-grid system. The camper is fully battery inverted and capable of what ever you want to throw at it. Air conditioning and microwave at the same time, not a problem. A dual induction cooktop will keep you cooking inside or outside the camper without worrying about propane. Moving to a new location and want to boost the battery bank charge? With dual alternators and solar combined, I’ve seen charging levels of 190 amps at 12 volts! Controlling the alternator charging is a simple flick of the upfitter switches inside the cab 50 amp, 100 amp or 150 amp combined. Monitoring and configuration capabilities via Bluetooth, local WiFi or when coupled with an internet connection remotely via the Victron VRM cloud.
The Host truck camper is highlighted by its quality construction: Ultralite 100 percent aluminum structure, three slide-outs, complete fiberglass with vacuum bonded foam insulated walls, one-piece TPO roof and large radius-cornered dual-pane windows and a plethora of standard equipment and options. The camper has twin hallway access to the king-sized bed with large wardrobe closet in the cabover area, a large dry bath with privacy doors on both sides, large kitchen area with ample cabinet space, 9.1-cubic foot, 120 volt/12 volt NovalKool compressor fridge/freezer, dual induction cooktop, convection/microwave oven, 6-foot ultraleather couch, 40-inch Living room TV that can be mounted to the exterior entertainment compartment if you want to watch the big game outdoors and a 32-inch TV in the bedroom.
We are selling this Host Mammoth/F-550 package for $170,000 cash. All of the research and work has been done to match this wonderful camper with this highly-capable truck and a power system for your comfort to keep you out there longer. We are currently living full-time in this rig in the southeast US with plans to visit the southwest US during the winter. I am requiring a $1,000 non-refundable deposit to hold the combo. Contact [email protected].
I’m sure there is stuff I missed, but below is a good starting list of the configuration.
2019 Host Mammoth 11.6 Truck Camper
Factory Options Installed:
- 6-foot-long Couch with Hi/Low Table
- Footrest under Rear Couch
- Ultra Leather on Rear Couch
- Ultra Leather on Main Couch
- Accordion Privacy Bedroom Door (passenger side)
- Insulated Windows w/ solar-cool glass
- DSI Gas/Electric Water Heater w/ Remote Switch
- Swing Out Jack Brackets
- Power Passenger Side Awning
- Plumbed for BBQ
- Delete Cooktop, no TV Antenna
- Outside entertainment center compartment only
- NovaKool 9000 electric refrigerator/freezer
- Pre-wire for customer installed AC unit
Aftermarket Items Installed/Included:
- Coleman Mach 8 13k Air Conditioner
- High Pointe Convection Microwave
- Dual Burner Furrion Induction Cooktop
- Brightlink HDMI Matrix Switch, 4 HDMI inputs, four HDMI outputs (any input to any output, cloned or mixed)
- Samsung 40-inch UN40NU7100FXZA TV (Living Room) on telescoping tilt bracket
- Samsung 32-inch N5300 TV (Bedroom) on telescoping tilt bracket
- Telescoping tilt bracket installed in outside entertainment center compartment. Living Room TV can be moved to the outside mount. Same TV mounts used throughout.
- 120v outlet installed in outside entertainment center compartment
- 120v outlet installed in AV cabinet
- HDMI cables installed between HDMI Matrix Switch and TV locations
- ViewTV AT-300 TV Tuner (HDMI output)
- Antop Directional TV Antenna with Aluminum Telescoping Suction Cup Pole
- TV Antenna cable installed between main AV cabinet and roof
- Yagi Directional Cell Antenna with Aluminum Telescoping Suction Cup Pole
- Cell booster cable installed between main AV cabinet and roof
- WeBoost Connect 4G Cell Booster
- Torklift GlowStep Revolution, with Safe Step covers for pets for easy in and out of the rig when loaded on truck
- Dometic Fan-Tastic Ceiling Fan/Vent with Rain Sensor and Remote Control
- MaxxFan 7500k with Thermostat, Rain Shield and Remote Control
- Levelmate Pro
- Progressive Industries Hardwired 30a Surge Protector
- Easy Start Air Conditioning Start Surge boost
- Buddy HeaterMH9BX
- Flex propane line for Buddy Heater installed under Kitchen sink cabinet
- Accurite Digital Fridge and Freezer Temp Monitoring System
- Two Xylem Flow 1855 Macerator Pumps with two included 120v to 12v DC converters. Used for dumping in pit toilets or normal toilets. One for black tank and another for using grey water to flush the black tank.
- Renogy Solar Panel Tilt Mounts
- Victron Energy Battery Monitor BMV-712 Smart
- Victron Energy Venus GX
- Victron Energy Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 120v VE.Bus Inverter Charger
- 12v 1440ah equivalent Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiPo4) Battery Bank. 32 Calb 3.2v cells wired in serial and parallel for a nominal 24v bank @ 720ah.
- 1200 watt solar array. Configured in two series and three parallel sets for nominal 24v battery bank charging.
- Victron Energy Orion 24v/12v 70A DC-DC Converter (converts 24v bank to 12v for camper systems).
- Spare Victron Energy Orion 24v/12v 70A DC-DC Converter, in case something should fail.
- Pepwave Wired/Wireless Router
- Four Camera Reolink NVR System, including remote viewing and motion alerting (cell uplink required). With the Pepwave Wi-Fi router, you can view all four cameras from your phone, tablet in the truck while driving or remote over the internet.
- Slide operation hidden kill switches for additional security (i.e. disable slides from working while leaving the camper systems powered)
- Fan installed in floor of pantry to facilitate air movement into basement. Used to help cool or heat basement during summer or when using Buddy Heater vs. forced propane furnace.
- Clothes shelving installed in bedroom wardrobe cabinet
- Hypervent Airflow Matting installed under cabover bed
- Mopeka Wireless Propane Tank Level Sensors
- O’Grill Propane Grill, modified for low pressure propane hose
2019 Ford F550, 4×4, Crew Cab, Lariat, 203 WB Chassis Cab, 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, Miles: 14,377
Factory Options Installed:
- PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.668A
- 225/70R19.5G TRACTION
- 4.88 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE
- ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS
- UPFITTER INTERFACE MODULE
- PLATFORM RUNNING BOARDS
- PAYLOAD PLUS PACKAGE UPGRADE
- 19500# GVWR PACKAGE
- RAPID HEAT SUPPLEMENTAL HEATER
- SKID PLATES•SPARE TIRE AND WHEEL
- WHEEL WELL LINERS -FRONT
- DUAL EXTRA HEAVY DUTY ALTRNTR
- LEATHER 40/CONSOLE/40 SEAT
- LARIAT VALUE PACKAGE
- REMOTE START SYSTEM
- 10-WAY PWR FRT SEATS W/DRV ME
- HEATED/COOLED FRONT SEATS
Aftermarket items installed/included:
- Douglas Service Body (see build sheet photo)
- Bigfoot Leveling System
- 40-gallon KSH Fuel Products Aux Diesel Fuel Tank
- Sliding Bike Rack
- Camper Jack Mounts
- Folding Ladder Mount
- Folding 6-foot Ladder
- EZ Link Auto Agent 2
- TST 507 Series 6 Sensor TPMS System with Color Display
- Two Ram Phone and Tablet Mounts
- HornBlasters Conductor’s Special 2485 Nightmare Edition Train Horn Kit (tied to upfitter switch)
- Air Quick Connect Couplers Drivers and Passenger Running Boards
- Victron Buck Boost 100a 12/24 DC/DC Converter (tied to upfitter switch)
- Victron Buck Boost 50a 12/24 DC/DC Converter (tied to upfitter switch)
- Black and Decker 0.9 Cu. Ft. stainless steel tub portable washing machine
- Honda EU2200i Companion Generator
- 7-gal Portable Gasoline Tank
- Misc. storage bins and containers in cabinets
- Three 4×6-inch beams and jack stands for additional camper support and stability when it’s unloaded
- Dog ramp for taking pet in and out of rear cab
Additional photos and information can be found by clicking here.
“For Sale” is a new classifieds feature here at Truck Camper Adventure. The cost to list your truck or camper is only $100 and includes a full-length feature listing on the website with 10 high resolution photographs. Your high-visibility, classified ad will stay active until your truck or camper sells. Contact us at [email protected] to list your for sale item.